Friday, February 14, 2014

Regan’s Favorite Love Songs: The Music of Love


It’s that time of year again…the time for Valentines, flowers, chocolate and the music of love. I just couldn’t let it pass without sharing some of my favorite love songs. These will definitely put you in the mood for love, I promise!


Click on the song to hear it on You Tube.


Besame Mucho, Andrea Bocelli

Someone Like You, Van Morrison

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? Van Morrison

I saw Rod Stewart perform the next three songs live dressed in his tux, white waistcoat and his trademark red rose in his lapel. Oh yes, and his deep scratchy voice. It was this romantic’s idea of the way to deliver those love songs.

They Can’t Take That Away From Me, Rod Stewart

It Had to Be You, Rod Stewart

The Very Thought of You, Rod Stewart

The Lady in My Life, Michael Jackson

The First Time Ever I saw Your Face, George Michael (Live in London)

To Where You Are, Josh Groban (Scenes from P.S. I Love You)

If I Didn’t Care (my favorite version from the movie Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day; listen for Lee Pace’s voice to join Amy Adams when her voice breaks at 2.03. You have to see the movie to experience the poignancy of the scene.)

Love Will Lead You Back, Johnny Mathis

My Love, Paul McCartney

J’en deduis que je t’aime (I gather I love you), Charles Aznavour

L’amour c’est Comme un Jour (Love is like a day), Charles Aznavour

Until…, Sting (from the movie, Kate & Leopold, one of my very favorites)

All I Ask of You, Emmy Rossum & Patrick Wilson, from the movie The Phantom of the Opera

The scene from The Phantom of the Opera on the You Tube clip for All I Ask of You (above) features one of the most romantic big screen kisses ever.

And what was it Christine said was “all she asked”? --That he promise all his words were true…and that he love her. Ah, yes….

Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment