Monday, June 26, 2017

Best Western Historical Romances!


I first discovered Western romances by reading those written by my favorite authors who also wrote in other subgenres. Since then, I have become a true fan of the subgenre and find myself every now and then reaching for a good romance from the Old West. I love those Indian and gun-slinging heroes. So, it seemed a “best” list was in order to share some of these wonderful stories with you.

Here are the best of those I’ve read…all rated 4 or 5 stars by me. I think you’ll like these!

·               A Fire in the Blood by Shirl Henke
·               A Heart So Wild by Johanna Lindsey
·               Beautiful Bad Man by Ellen O’Connell
·               Beauty and the Bounty Hunter by Lori Austin
·               Behind His Blue Eyes by Kaki Warner
·               Branded Hearts by Heather Graham (Pozzessere)
·               Brave the Wild Wind, Savage Thunder & Angel, Wyoming trilogy by Johanna
Lindsey
·               Brighter Than Gold by Cynthia Wright
·               Broken Vows by Shirl Henke
·               Captive Melody by Nadine Crenshaw
·               Capture the Sun, The Endless Sky & Sundancer, trilogy by Shirl Henke
·               Colorado Promise by Charlene Whitman
·               Comanche Moon, Comanche Heart & Indigo Blue (from the Comanche series)
by Catherine Anderson
·               Dancing on Coals by Ellen O’Connell
·               Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O’Connell
·               Fair is the Rose by Meagan McKinney
·               Fire Hawk’s Bride by Judith E. French
·               Fireblossom & Wildblossom, the Matthews duology by Cynthia Wright
·               Forever Mine by Charlene Raddon
·               From Fields of Gold by Alexandra Ripley
·               Golden Fancy by Jennifer Blake
·               Golden Lady by Shirl Henke
·               Haven’s Flame by Marie Piper
·               Heart of the West by Penelope Williamson
·               Heartbreak Creek, Colorado Dawn & Bride of the High Country by Kaki Warner
·               Her Bodyguard by E. E. Burke
·               Her Wicked Captor by Sandra Jones
·               Hummingbird by LaVyrle Spencer
·               Innocent Fire, Firestorm, Violet Fire & The Fires of Paradise (from The Bragg
Saga) by Brenda Joyce
·               Into the Light by Ellen O’Connell
·               Lavender Blue by Parris Afton Bonds
·               Lawless by Nora Roberts
·               Love a Dark Rider by Shirlee Busbee
·               Love Cherish Me by Rebecca Brandewyne
·               Love Unwilling By Shirl Henke
·               McCrory’s Lady by Shirl Henke
·               Moon Dancer by Judith E. French
·               Mountain Mistress by Nadine Crenshaw
·               Night Flame by Catherine Hart
·               Night Wind’s Woman, White Apache’s Woman & Deep as the Rivers, trilogy by
Shirl Henke
·               No Other Man, No Other Woman and No Other Love, trilogy by Shannon Drake
·               Pieces of Sky, Open Country & Chasing the Sun, the Blood Rose trilogy by Kaki
 Warner
·               Reckless Angel by Elizabeth Awbrey (aka Elizabeth Stuart)
·               Savage Ecstasy and Defiant Ecstasy by Janelle Taylor
·               Silken Savage by Catherine Hart
·               Silver Nights with You and Desert Sunrise by Sawyer Belle
·               Sing My Name by Ellen O’Connell
·               Star of the West by Cordia Byers
·               Sweet Savage Love by Rosemary Rogers
·               Tears of Gold by Laurie McBain
·               Tender Touch by Charlene Raddon
·               The Ballad of Emma O’Toole by Elizabeth Lane
·               The Bequest by Candice Proctor
·               The Darkest Heart by Brenda Joyce
·               The Double Cross by Carla Kelly
·               The Outlaw Hearts by Rebecca Brandewyne
·               The Outsider by Penelope Williamson
·               The River Nymph by Shirl Henke
·               The Tiger’s Woman by Celeste De Blasis
·               The Vintner’s Daughter by Kristen Harnisch
·               To Have and to Hold by Charlene Raddon
·               Under the Desert Moon by Marsha Canham
·               When the Splendor Falls by Laurie McBain
·               Where the Horses Run by Kaki Warner
·               Where the Wild Wind Blows by Nancy Morse
·               While Passion Sleeps by Shirlee Busbee

3 comments:

  1. You must read as much as I do. Because I read books I purchased, library books, then nook books and now kindle books I had to have a spreadsheet to keep up. I've read a number of these myself but I'm going to look at the ones that are new to me. I caught the link to your blog on Pioneer Hearts FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading is my entertainment, Linda. When I first began and fell in love with historical romance, I decided to create a blog to help other readers find the good ones. You might also like to see my brand new FB page! https://www.facebook.com/HistoricalRomanceReview/

      Delete
  2. I agree....I have been reading romance since I was 16, when I was 22 I started a book blog to share my love of romance. Historical romance is my favorite love (although I love all subgenres of romance) and its been amazing to see its growth over the years. I love your list of westerns....some I haven't read so I am going to grab them up. One of my favorite series that I think you would love if you like reading epic historical romance is the Outlaw Hearts by Rosanne Bittner.

    ReplyDelete