Monday, February 27, 2012

One of the "Best of the Best" and Favorite Author: Nadine Crenshaw


I discovered Nadine Crenshaw when I was doing research (and reading) for my Best Viking Romances list. I was so taken with her novel VIKING GOLD, the first of hers I read, I ordered her whole backlist. They were all different and all wonderful—all worthy of 5 stars in my opinion. I simply devoured them.

Her first novel, MOUNTAIN MISTRESS, won the Golden Heart in 1987. I could not put it down and it would still sell well today. She wrote historicals from many time periods (see the list below). Her novel DESTINY AND DESIRE about three young women seeking their heart’s desires in San Francisco in 1915 profoundly affected me. She is one of those rare authors who consistently delivers keepers. I only wish she was writing today as I consider her one of the “best of the best.”

This week I’ll be featuring my reviews of some of her books I have loved.

MOUNTAIN MISTRESS (Golden Heart Winner, 1987) – the American West
CAPTIVE MELODY (1988) – 19th century American West
EDIN’S EMBRACE (1989) - Viking
SPELLBOUND (1990) – 12th century England
DESTINY AND DESIRE (1992) – San Francisco 1915
THE HIGHWAYMAN (1993) – 18th century England
VIKING GOLD (1995) - Viking
FIELDS OF THE SUN (1997) – 17th century England, Morocco and Brazil

For some reason, Crenshaw has not brought her backlist to eBooks so you’ll have to get them used. Trust me, it’s worth it.








No comments:

Post a Comment