Wednesday, March 14, 2012

If you ever go to Dublin…


…you will likely be traveling down Grafton Street. And when you do, look for my favorite Café, Bewley’s.


The first time I wandered into Bewley’s, I discovered a world of gourmet coffee and treats. Upstairs they have a sitting area where I was drinking coffee and enjoying the ambiance. I happened to look up from my newspaper to spot a beautiful redheaded woman dressed all in green, just sitting across the aisle facing me like some Irish princess from the long ago past. She was also dining alone, so I struck up a conversation. She was most gracious to respond and soon I learned she was an American with Irish roots just like me! (In my case the roots also include Scotland and England.) What a truly small world we live in! Our conversation was one of the most enjoyable hours I’ve spent and became a lasting memory of a wonderful Irish city.

To get you in the mood for St. Patrick’s Day, how about taking a virtual tour of Bewley’s? Here’s the link:

http://bewleys.com/bewleys-grafton-street-cafe/take-a-virtual-tour-of-the-cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment