Sunday, February 10, 2013

It’s Valentine’s Week on my blog!

Yes, it’s finally here! The romance lover’s excuse to celebrate love! I’ll be presenting a few articles to inspire you, reviews of romantic love stories and some insights about what I learned about love from reading romance novels. Come back each day for more good stuff!

Let’s get started with a quote from Ellen O'Connell's Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold:

"...Anne believed she would in the end hear the words she, like all women,
longed to hear, but if he never spoke of it, she would be content with this.
He loved her, and she knew it, and he was capable of such tenderness it left
her trembling, overwhelmed by her own love for him"

“Love” defined by Virginia Henley in Dream Lover:

“Love is a journey from the first blush of physical attraction
to a marriage of souls”

And a quote from Henley’s The Dragon and The Jewel where William Marshall reflects on his young wife, Eleanor Plantagenet:

“So this was love then—wanting to give only pleasure to the beloved;
constantly searching your mind for love tokens that would bring a smile
to her lips or a sparkle to her eyes. He deeply regretted it had come so
late in life, but since his heart’s desire was Eleanor who was so much younger
than he, it could have been no other way. He was grateful it had come at all.”

Lastly, the definition of “heartfire” from Zack in Penelope Williamson’s Heart of the West, words spoken by a man who loved his brother’s wife and knew he couldn’t have her:

"A heartfire, Clementine my darlin', is when you want someone, when
you need her so damn bad, not only in your bed but in your life, that
you're willin' to burn--".

Thursday, the 14th, I’ll be posting "What I Learned About Love From Reading Romance Novels!”

4 comments:

  1. I've made a promise to myself to go back and re-read some of my favorites on my keeper shelves this year and Virginia Henley is on that list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Leah, I know that would please Virginia. And I agree her novels are ones to re-read!

      Delete
  2. It's great to see a quote from Eyes included in a Valentine's Day post, Regan. I love the Virginia Henley quote you used. You have me going back and remembering my thoughts at the time I wrote Eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regan like the quotes. Ellen shared them on her blog. And i will keep an eye out for your 14th feb post. Cheers rosheen

    ReplyDelete