Wednesday, February 20, 2019

My Top 20 Historical Romances

I am frequently asked what are my favorite historical romances. That’s a long list, as you know from my “best lists.” There are currently nearly 150 5-star romances on my "Favorite Keepers" shelf on Goodreads. But here my current Top 20. It’s no accident that almost all are deeper historicals that include real history. And because I love Scotland as a setting, many are set in that land of beautiful lochs and glens.

These stories are the ones that have stayed with me, the ones I want to re-read, the ones I can’t forget. Their heroes and heroines grace my Favorite Heroes and Heroines list. And they are written by some of my favorite authors.

Bride of the MacHugh by Jan Cox Speas
Lady of the Glen by Jennifer Roberson
The Windflower by Laura London (aka Sharon & Tom Curtis)
The Silver Devil by Teresa Denys
The Dragon and the Jewel by Virginia Henley
Heartstorm by Elizabeth Stuart
Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss
Once in a Blue Moon by Penelope Williamson
The Passions of Emma by Penelope Williamson
Whispers of Heaven by Candice Proctor
The Wind Dancer by Iris Johansen
Lady Vixen by Shirley Busbee
Moonstruck Madness by Laurie McBain
On a Highland Shore by Kathleen Givens
Rivals for the Crown by Kathleen Givens
Clandara by Evelyn Anthony
Stormfire by Christine Monson
Emerald Prince by Brit Darby
Dancing On Coals by Ellen O’Connell
Mountain Mistress by Nadine Crenshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment